I just spent a few minutes on the Infowars site, reading some of the articles and commentary about Trayvon Martin. Alex Jones’ personal theory appears to be that while the facts of the case are still up in the air, we appear to be witnessing a beta test for a manufactured race war so Obama can impose police power and establish a dictatorship (this is what he says to Webster Tarpley in this Prison Planet segment).
Some specimen samples of the comments from Jones’s readers and listeners:
1) The Florida police set Zimmerman up as a patsy, in the hope that the ensuing scandal would get the Stand Your Ground law revoked and restrictions on gun freedoms passed into law, thus increasing their power;
2) Obama arranged to have Martin killed so he could demagogue against white people and revive his presidency;
3) The Jews are “a pack of deranged lunatics hell bent on world domination through the power of their god Satan”;
4) “True patriot white Americans know that setting up negroes as our equals, since they clearly are inferior (just look at everywhere they live!) is foolishness. We need to put negroes back in their place though overturning civil rights, and denying them full rights as our founders intended”;
5) “There’s some decent, upstanding blacks, but far fewer these days as they slide deeper into the gutter – fostered by the gradual destruction of our morals and Christianity by Jewry. No doubt at all. Blacks also have built-in social pressures that reward degradation, helped along by greedy Jews in the media. Who do you think really owns the hip-hop music industry….”
There is much, much more, including some that makes a modicum of sense. Jones himself, I hasten to add, is plainly not driven by racial hatred or anti-Semitism–he is anti-government, not pro-White. I suspect he would concur with this comment from one of his saner readers: “Divided we fall. Thats the plan and it doesnt have to be like that. We are all unique and thats what makes us great, we still have a long way to go, for instance China is 10000 yrs old. Only time will tell but if we allow our power structure both white and black to segregate us we will never make it.”
Amen to that.
If you enjoyed this post, please go to my Facebook page and “like” it (there is a button that will take you there on the top right hand side of this page). You can also follow me on Twitter.